TECHNICAL TOUR ORGANIZATION
TECHNICAL TOUR ORGANIZATION
PERIOD: Throughout the academic year
PREREQUISITE: No prerequisites.
TYPE: 1) Local area, 2) Out-of-town accommodation excursions.
TOUR DURATION: 3-4 hours at the factory.
BOOKS / TOOLS USABLE: Company / institution documents and internet resources.
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE (CATALOG)
METHODOLOGY: Preparation of Technical Tour Program at the beginning of the academic year. This program includes technical visits to 5-6 different enterprises in and around İzmir during each period. After the technical tour, the articles describing the impressions of the volunteer students about the tour are displayed on the Technical Tour Board and in the “Meeting with the Industrialist and the Project Exhibition” event as a poster with the results of the tour survey. Technical tour survey results are also presented in the report.
BENEFITS: Comprehends the structure, managerial organization, history and place of the company in the factory. Information about the function, structure, working conditions and maintenance of the units is obtained. Process control and quality control mechanisms, quality assurance systems are recognized. Business and professional life in businesses, human relations are understood. Applications of theoretical knowledge in industry are observed.
STEPS FOLLOWED IN TECHNICAL TOUR ORGANIZATION
- At the beginning of the academic year, the meeting and the annual tour plan for determining the places to visit.
- Contact with the factory to be visited, determination of alternative establishments in case of rejection of the request for tour. Acceptance by factory.
- Announcing the annual tour plan in the department technical tour board.
- Announcement of the technical tour to the students on the general board of the department 1 week before the technical tour dates.
- Creating a list of students who will participate in the technical tour.
- Giving preliminary information about the technical tour.
- Meeting with related persons in the enterprise, giving a seminar about the history of the enterprise, its place in the industry, general structure of the enterprise, production stage and laboratories.
- Touring the production unit and laboratories in two separate groups if possible.
- Implementation of post-tour surveys.
- Preparation of a text describing his impressions of the tour by a student determined after the tour and exhibiting it on the technical tour board.
- Exhibiting the travel articles and survey results written by the students in post-semester activities with posters.
- Presentation of the technical survey results in the MÜDEK report.
OBJECTIVES OF TECHNICAL TOUR
With technical tours,
- To ensure that the chemical engineering profession learns the duties and responsibilities of the chemical engineer in the real environment, (1,2)
- To create awareness of students taking responsibility in production, process and process steps from raw material to final product in any enterprise, (2)
- To ensure that they have the opportunity to observe the application of each knowledge related to the basic sciences and engineering profession, (1,4)
- To give the students sensitivity on national and international issues such as professional ethics, human health, occupational safety, quality, environment, (3)
- To provide students with the opportunity to understand the importance of business discipline, teamwork, interdisciplinary cooperation, individual competencies and human relations in businesses, business and professional life, (4)
- To provide an environment for improving career orientation. (5)
VEHICLES USED IN REACHING OBJECTIVES: City tours during the academic year.
TECHNICAL TOUR OUTPUTS
- Observe the application of the chemical engineering profession in production and work life, learn to transfer the theoretical knowledge given in the training program to the practice, (1,2,9)
- Awareness will be enriched by being aware of the chemical engineering profession, duties and responsibilities, (8,11)
- Develop knowledge on social issues such as professional ethics, human health, occupational safety, environment and quality, and develop behavior towards becoming a good engineer by being informed about national and international problems, (4,12, 13)
- Observing the importance of business discipline, teamwork, interdisciplinary cooperation, individual competencies and human relations in business and professional life in enterprises and taking measures to complete their own deficiencies, (7, 8, 9)
- Thanks to the technical tours with accommodation, they will be able to recognize the industries in different regions of our country and will have the opportunity to develop communication and ties with other students and faculty members. (10, 12)
MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION METHODS
Questionnaires applied to students after technical tour.
TECHNICAL TRAVEL ORGANIZATION
Engineer Esra ŞENER, firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineer Aziz KOCAEFE